Test Coverage Guide
The benefits of unit testing
- Unit test code can help everyone to go into details and understand the function of the code.
- We can find bugs by test case, and then enhance the robustness of the code.
- Test case code is also the demo usage of the core code.
Some design principle of unit test case
- Steps, fine-grained and combination conditions should be well designed.
- Attention to boundary condition test
- Test code should also be designed without writing useless code.
- When you find a
methodthat is hard to write unit test, if you can be sure the
methodis “smelly code”, then refactor it with the committer.
- The mock framework in dubbo is: mockito. Some tutorials:mockito tutorial,mockito refcard
- TDD（optional）：When you start a new issue, you can try to write test case at first
The specified value of the test coverage
- In the stage, the test coverage specified value of delta changed codes is ：>=60%. The higher, the better.
- We can see the coverage report in this page: https://codecov.io/gh/apache/dubbo
Last modified August 7, 2022: Fix broken links & Add link checker (#1339) (dbbf5dfe9c)